Tenants renting a property through Kentish Flats can be sure they will receive a high quality and dependable service. We understand that everyone has different reasons for choosing to rent and we aim to ensure your tenancy runs as smoothly as possible for its duration. Kentish Flats is able to arrange tenancies for a range of circumstances including:
- Individual properties
- Room lets
- Military personnel
- Corporate relocation
If you are looking for a property and can meet the criteria below please contact us to see if we can match your property requirements to our portfolio.
- Anyone over the age of 18 will be named on the tenancy
- At least one party from two applicants must be in full time employment, or be contractually due to commence full time employment, lasting the duration of the intended initial tenancy
- If you are self employed, you must be able to demonstrate income and be able to provide three years trading accounts
- Your sole or joint incomes must equal, or surpass, 2.5 times the annual rental value (If you employer provides expense allowances to cover rent please make us aware of this)
- You should have no County Court Judgements for debt against you, your partner or any co-sharers
- If you are currently renting, you should be able to demonstrate at least 6 consecutive months rental payments on time and without fail
- You and any co-sharers should be non smokers (or be prepared to smoke only outside the property)
- If you have pets, you need to advise us before reserving a property in order for us to gain agreement with the Landlord
- For corporate lets, most established PLC / Ltd companies or large organisations will meet our criteria providing three years trading records are available at companies house and satisfactory accountants references are forthcoming
Unfortunately we are unable to accept the following in respect of rental payments or as part of income considerations:
- Housing benefit or social security payments
- Council assisted deposit schemes
Tenants have certain responsibilities to help ensure your tenancy is trouble free.
You are obliged to use the property in a ‘tenant like manner’ as defined in the tenancy agreement. That is to say it is your responsibility to ensure the property is always secured, that the property is in a clean condition and gardens (if any) are neat and weed free.
You are required to treat the property and its surroundings with care; this includes consideration to neighbours over issues such as noise etc. During the colder months please ensure adequate measures are taken to prevent pipes for the water and heating systems freezing.
As a tenant you are responsible for the repair of any damage or dilapidation that may be attributable to you, your family or your guests misuse/neglect. You must communicate with us about property damage or maintenance issues promptly and in full.
Tenants are not responsible for reasonable wear and tear due to natural ageing of the fabric or contents of the property.
Tenant registration options
We are very happy to discuss your requirements over the phone and in most cases can suggest properties for you to consider straight away. This will also give us a chance to talk to you about your needs and answer any questions you may have.
Tenants can provide us with their details and requirements by completing the online Tenant Registration Form. If you have a particular property in mind, please ensure you include the property reference on this form.
Visit our office
Why not call in and see us? This will give you the chance to discuss your requirements in full with a member of our property team. We will be able to advise you on available properties and record your details for property matching with any new instructions.
By contacting us with your details as early as possible, you can have greater confidence that we will match the right property to your requirements in plenty of time for your move.